The Frontier from ProQ® is the best selling smoker in the ProQ® range, offering the perfect combination of capacity and versatility. This nifty piece of kit can hot smoke, roast and grill. By adding in the optional ProQ® Cold Smoke Generator you can enjoy all the benefits and flavours of cold smoking too. It’s size will easily cater for up to 12 people.
You might be asking ‘How can I produce great quality hot smoked food easily?’ The ProQ® Frontier is simple to operate and feature packed, offering:
- Smoke, BBQ, grill, roast
- Robust hangers included for fish and meat
- Fully porcelain coated
- 50 lbs/22.68kg capacity
- Internal temperature gauge
- Latch locking system and folding side handles for the stackers for stability and travel
- 4 Air vents for excellent temperature control
- Large capacity porcelain coated water pan for indirect heat cooking
- Access doors for topping up water and adding wood chips without disassembling
- Temperature probe eyelets on each stacker for monitoring meat temperatures, a must when smoking/roasting for long periods of time
- 2 chrome plated grates for cooking
- The unit stands at 102cm, and is 43cm across
Creating succulent, mouthwatering hot smoked dishes with minimal effort is a cinch with the Frontier. It uses a water pan to displace the heat from the coals and slow down the cooking process, taking the temperature down to 110°C/230°F and ensuring the meat stays moist, and once set up, allows you free time to relax while it gets on with the cooking.
The Frontier has a steel body, coated with a glossy ceramic finish for weather resistance and heat retention. The ProQ® Frontier comes with a detachable base that holds the charcoal basket (and a grill for grilling), two stackers, each with 14.5cm2 of grill space, and the domed lid with a heat proof handle and pre fitted fish/meat hanger with hooks provided, all held up by a sturdy trio of legs with a low centre of gravity for stability.
The domed lid has a fish and meat hanger fitted as standard and – if you remove the stacker grill racks – you have ample space to vertically smoke whole fish or other joints of meat. The 102cm height and 43cm diameter over two chrome plated grill racks provides 50lbs of cooking space. The ProQ® Frontier’s capacity can be tailored to your needs by purchasing an additional stacker or step up grill to increase capacity, or by removing one or more of the existing stackers, and having a portable kettle BBQ for the beach.
Another huge plus to the ProQ® Frontier is that it comes almost fully assembled, with the only fitting required being the legs, and it’s only a few nuts and bolts to screw together and explicit instructions are included.