Tassie salmon is great and I love supporting local produce. Packed full of Omega 3, Tassie Salmon should be a part of your weekly diet.
This recipe is awesome! For a really amazing presentation, use a whole side of salmon, served on a long board and carve it at the table. You’ll have them drooling uncontrollably.
- Tassie Salmon, skin on. Work on 200g per person.
Smiddy’s Tip: Always buy your salmon with the skin on. You’ll get more flavour, more Omega 3 goody-ness and it presents better on the plate.
- Smoke Shack Fish Rub
- Smoke Shack Smoked salt.
- Bradley Maple Syrup.
- Cooking spray
- Bradley Maple bisquettes. Alder or Pacific Blend bisquettes will also work well with this recipe.
- Coat the salmon in maple syrup using a pastry brush.
- Coat liberally with the Fish Rub and Smoked Salt all over. Massage well into the flesh.
- Place on a tray, skin down, cover with cling film and place in the fridge overnight to marinade. If you haven’t got all night, do it as far in advance as possible, it’ll still taste great.
- Preheat smoker to 82C/179F.
- Oil a rack with cooking spray and place fish onto rack, skin side down and place in the middle rack of the smoker.
- Smoke/cook for 2 hours for gourmet pink in the centre.
Smiddy’s tip: I love my salmon to really soak up the smoke flavour and present with a darker colour and denser texture, so I smoke/cook for five hours.
Turn out onto a serving platter, skin side up and serve with garden salad and crusty bread.