Girls just love this stuff, especially with a glass of crisp white or bubbles, as part of tapas plate with a side of olives. Super easy to make, only 5 minutes prep. Rip off the wrapper, pop in the Bradley, garnish, and voila!
One of the keys to making this work is to not crack the outer white casing of the cheese, otherwise it just flops and you’ll have camembert everywhere.
- A round of camembert, anywhere from a nice little 300g beauty for a few guests up to a 1kg whopper for a whole party.My personal favourite comes from the Denmark Cheese Factory, if you can’t find it, grab your favourite.
- Bradley Maple briquettes. They impart a subtle flavour and work with all seafood, cheese and nuts. Alternately use Bradley Alder bisquettes.
- Paprika, finely chopped parsley or spring onion to garnish.
- Baking Paper.
- Cooking Spray
- Take a knife and score around the top of the cheese, 5mm in from the edge. This will ensure the cheese holds its shape whilst smoking but allows the smoke to penetrate.
- Pre heat your smoker to 92C/198F
- Spray tray with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place cheese on baking paper, place on rack and place rack on the top shelf of the oven.
Smiddy’s Tip: You can be cooking this at the same time as you are smoking your main courses on the lower racks.
5. Smoke/cook for three hours.
- Remove tray from smoker and remove baking paper & cheese from the tray.
Smiddy’s Tip. Use your hands to remove the baking paper from the rack by pinching the corner of the paper with one hand and sliding the paper and cheese onto the other hand.
- Gently slide the cheese off the baking paper onto your serving tray.
- Garnish with paprika, parsley or spring onions and serve with your favourite crackers, breads and side dishes. Boom!!! Smokin’!!